Looking for a delicious and comforting meal that’s perfect for a chilly day? Look no further than Campbell’s Vegetable Beef Soup recipe. While the canned version is readily available at your local grocery store, making it from scratch can be even more satisfying. In this recipe, you’ll learn how to make a hearty and flavorful soup loaded with tender chunks of beef and colorful vegetables.
How to Make Campbell’s Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe from Scratch
If you’re looking for a comforting and delicious meal to warm you up on a chilly day, Campbell’s Vegetable Beef Soup is the perfect choice. While the canned version is readily available at your local grocery store, making it from scratch can be even more satisfying. With this recipe, you’ll learn how to make a hearty and flavorful soup that’s loaded with tender chunks of beef and a variety of colorful vegetables.
To make Campbell’s Vegetable Beef Soup from scratch, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- The star ingredient is a succulent beef chuck roast, expertly diced into bite-sized cubes. Accompanying the beef is a delightful medley of chopped onions, sliced carrots, and celery stalks, all adding a lovely crunch to the dish. The peeled and cubed potatoes provide a starchy balance, while the trimmed and cut green beans provide a much-needed freshness to the overall flavor profile.
- To add a touch of tangy sweetness, a can of diced tomatoes (measuring 14.5 oz) is incorporated, infusing the stew with its distinct flavor. To achieve a rich broth, 4 cups of beef broth are added, further deepening the savory notes. To complement the taste, a teaspoon of dried thyme is sprinkled in, accompanied by a solitary bay leaf.
- The recipe is seasoned with salt and black pepper, making it a delightful balance of flavors that is both comforting and appetizing.
In terms of kitchen tools and utensils, you’ll need the following:
- A large pot or Dutch oven
- A wooden spoon
- A sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Gently add the succulent beef and allow it to sizzle for approximately 5-7 minutes until it’s richly browned on all sides, then carefully remove it from the pot and set it aside to retain its succulence.
- Next, add a medley of chopped onions, carrots, and celery into the same pot and sauté them for 5-7 minutes until they have softened slightly and released their flavors. Adding the perfect combination of diced potatoes, green beans, and juicy tomatoes to the mixture, pour in some beef broth to create a luscious base.
- To enhance the depth of flavors, sprinkle in some fragrant thyme and bay leaf, then return the beef to the pot to simmer gently for 30-45 minutes, allowing the soup to develop its full-bodied flavor.
- Once the soup is cooked to perfection, remove the bay leaf and add a pinch of salt and black pepper to achieve the perfect balance of flavors.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, allowing the delicious aroma to waft through the air, and enjoy it with your favorite crusty bread or crackers.
- For a thicker soup, you can add a slurry made of cornstarch and water to the pot during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
- If you prefer your vegetables to be less crunchy, you can add them earlier in the cooking process or simmer the soup for a longer time.
- You can use any type of beef you prefer, such as sirloin or stew meat, but make sure to cut it into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Feel free to add other vegetables to the soup, such as corn, peas, or spinach, to make it even more flavorful and nutritious.
Savory and Flavorful: A Review of Campbell’s Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe
The beef flavor in this soup is rich and full-bodied, giving it a deep umami taste that is both savory and satisfying. The vegetables add a fresh and vibrant element to the soup, with the carrots and celery providing a satisfying crunch. The perfect balance of seasoning brings everything together, enhancing the flavors of the beef and vegetables without overpowering them.
The texture of the soup is comforting and hearty, with the tender beef chunks providing a satisfying chewiness. The vegetables add a softness that complements the meat perfectly, and the broth has a smooth and velvety mouthfeel that is both warming and soothing. The overall texture of the soup is perfect for a cozy night in or a quick and easy meal on the go.
As for pairings, there are many options that complement the flavors of the soup. Crusty bread is a perfect match, with its crunchy texture and ability to soak up the broth. Red wine is also an excellent choice, with its bold flavors and ability to enhance the richness of the beef. A crisp salad is a great way to balance out the savory flavors of the soup, providing a refreshing contrast to the hearty broth.
Campbell’s Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe: A Classic Dish Perfect for Any Time of Year
Campbell’s soup has been a household name since the late 1800s when the company was founded by Joseph Campbell and Abraham Anderson. The company initially started as a canning and preserving business, but it wasn’t until the introduction of condensed soup in 1897 that the brand began to take off. Today, Campbell’s is known for its wide variety of soups, with the vegetable beef recipe being a classic favorite enjoyed by generations.
The beauty of Campbell’s Vegetable Beef Soup recipe is its versatility. While the recipe calls for specific ingredients like potatoes, carrots, peas, and beef, there’s plenty of room to customize it to suit different tastes and dietary needs. For example, one can add other vegetables like corn, green beans, or celery, or substitute the beef with ground turkey or lentils to make a vegetarian version. The options are endless, making it a perfect dish for any occasion.
When it comes to serving and presentation, there are many creative ways to elevate the soup. For a fun twist, try serving it in a bread bowl or pairing it with a grilled cheese sandwich. A sprinkle of fresh herbs like parsley or thyme can add a pop of color and flavor, and a drizzle of sour cream can add a creamy touch. The soup can also be enjoyed as a standalone dish or served as part of a larger meal with a side salad or garlic bread.
Campbell’s Vegetable Beef Soup recipe is a classic dish that’s perfect for any time of year. The recipe’s versatility allows you to customize it to suit different tastes and dietary needs, making it an ideal choice for any occasion. So, whether you’re serving it as a standalone dish or as part of a larger meal, the savory and flavorful taste of this soup is sure to please. Try making it at home today and enjoy a delicious bowl of Carryoutpa!